Questions for Oral Answer - Thursday, 23 June 2005
Questions for Oral Answer
As At Thursday, 23 June 2005
Questions to Ministers
1. DAIL JONES to the Minister of Immigration: Does current policy encourage expat New Zealanders to return to New Zealand permanently?
2. GEORGINA BEYER to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Is the Government committed to ending child poverty; if so, what is it doing to achieve this?
3. Hon DAVID CARTER to the Associate Minister for Rural Affairs: Has drafting of the bill to enact the Government's walking access policy decisions begun; if so, when does he intend to introduce the legislation to the House?
4. LARRY BALDOCK to the Minister of Conservation: Does he stand by the statement made on his behalf regarding the marine reserve application process that "if it can be demonstrated that there is undue effect on any one of a number of categories, then the proposal will not proceed."; if so, how does he reconcile this with his approval of the Aotea (Great Barrier) Marine Reserve?
5. GERRARD ECKHOFF to the Associate Minister for Rural Affairs: How important are property rights in forming Government policy, and why does he believe that his proposal to have a five-metre walking accessway along significant waterways is not a "landgrab" or "confiscation"?
6. ROD DONALD to the Minister for the Environment: What proportion of New Zealand's lowland rivers and streams is she confident are safe to swim in?
7. STEVE CHADWICK to the Minister of Health: What reports, if any, has she received concerning future Government health expenditure?
8. HEATHER ROY to the Minister of Health: What is the total cost to date of the computer system and software for the National Immunisation Register, including the cost of fixing the reported 150 bugs, remedying compatibility issues and correcting data records, and how much is recoverable from suppliers in penalties, remedies, or non-performance fees?
9. TIM BARNETT to the Minister of Justice: What is the intended impact of the Criminal Proceeds and Instruments Bill introduced to the House this week?
10. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister of Health: Does she accept that there are productivity problems within the health system, and can she give assurances that she is doing something effective about them?
11. RON MARK to the Minister of Police: Is he confident that police funding is being used effectively?
12. JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Is he satisfied with the performance of the Jobs Jolt initiative, Activating Very Long Term Unemployed; if not, why not?