Questions for Oral Answer -16 February 2006
Questions for Oral Answer As At Thursday, 16 February 2006
Questions to Ministers
1. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Has she received any recent reports regarding the development of policy around the Foreshore and Seabed Act 2004?
2. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Did the Controller and Auditor-General seek a meeting with her to discuss his report into Government and parliamentary publicity and advertising; if so, what was the outcome of that meeting?
3. Hon MARIAN HOBBS to the Minister of Education: What reports has he received on the levels of literacy amongst New Zealand children?
4. JOHN KEY to the Minister of Finance: Can he assure the public that income tax thresholds will be adjusted for inflation from 1 April 2008, as set out in the 2005 Budget?
5. RODNEY HIDE to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Is he satisfied that the taxpayer is getting value for money from the Ministry's overseas posts; if so, why?
6. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Corrections: Does he stand by his statement that, "people who are spending less than six months in jail, that's almost 30 percent of the inmates," are "people who are no risk to society"; if not, why not?
7. GEORGINA BEYER to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What reports has he received on the Government's progress at moving New Zealanders off benefits and into work?
8. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: What is the estimated cost of New Zealand's Kyoto liabilities for the first commitment period taking into account the latest advice from officials that "forest owners intend to deforest about 47,000 hectares during the first Kyoto commitment period (2008-2012). If this level of deforestation occurs, it will add around 32 million tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) to New Zealand's deficit (in effect nearly doubling it)."?
9. SHANE JONES to the Minister of Finance: Has he received any reports on New Zealand's GDP per capita performance in relation to Australia in recent years?
10. Hon MAURICE WILLIAMSON to the Minister of Transport: What action does he intend to take to ensure there is no "slowdown" in Transit New Zealand's 10-year State Highway construction programme?
11. SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Women's Affairs: Is she satisfied with the results of the stocktake of membership of all State sector boards and statutory committees by gender, recently completed by the Ministry of Women's Affairs?
12. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Why has he ruled out a full review of maternity services, as recommended by the Wellington Coroner, and what timeframes are associated with any action he plans to take?
Questions to Members
1. RODNEY HIDE to the Chairperson of the Finance and Expenditure Committee: What letters, if any, has he received in relation to the Finance and Expenditure Committee's inquiry into Television New Zealand?