Questions for Oral Answer Thursday, 2 March 2006
Questions for Oral Answer
As At Thursday, 2 March 2006
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Education: Does he stand by his statement that, "I am also aware that Mr Benson-Pope has stated that his behaviour complied with school policy at the time."; if so, does he believe that statement includes all allegations that have come to light about Hon David Benson-Pope's conduct as a teacher, including those investigated by police?
2. SHANE JONES to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports, if any, has he received on the business reaction to the KiwiSaver scheme?
3. JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: How often does he exercise personal judgment in his role as Minister for Social Development and Employment?
4. NANDOR TANCZOS to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Does he have confidence in his Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade officials?
5. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Energy: Does he agree with the statement by Meridian Energy Chief Executive Keith Turner that electricity supply is "very tenuous" and "This winter is the tightest we have ever had as a nation", the statements by electricity industry consultant Bryan Leyland that "the risk of a severe shortage is quite high.", and the supporting statements by Genesis Energy Chief Executive Murray Jackson; if not, why not?
6. BARBARA STEWART to the Minister of Health: Is he concerned at the findings of the latest Hospital Benchmark Report which shows that a majority of hospital emergency departments are struggling to meet target times for treating sick or injured patients; if not, why not?
7. Hon MAURICE WILLIAMSON to the Minister of Transport: Can he guarantee that the increased funding that will be made available to the National Land Transport Programme will be enough to ensure the completion of the August 2005 Transit New Zealand 10-year State Highway Forecast as published?
8. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Minister of Trade: What feedback has he received from the outcome of New Zealand's negotiations with Viet Nam over its accession to the World Trade Organisation?
9. KATHERINE RICH to the Minister for Small Business: Does she stand by her reported comment that "Unfortunately one of the main reasons why many very small businesses, ones with no employees, won't take on staff is because they're frightened of employment issues and of being subjected to professional grievance claims."?
10. SANDRA GOUDIE to the Minister of Conservation: Will he stand by the decision of the Environment Court made in October 2005 to approve the Whangamata marina development; if not, why not?
11. Hon MARK GOSCHE to the Minister for ACC: Has she received any recent reports assessing ACC's performance internationally?
12. RODNEY HIDE to the Prime Minister: Does she still believe Hon David Benson-Pope "to be an honest man who answered the questions to the best of his recollection"; if so, why?