Questions for Oral Answer - 15 March 2006
Questions for Oral Answer As At Wednesday, 15
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Conservation: What communications did he or his office have with John Wilson or Bob Harvey prior to his decision on 7 March to overturn the Environment Court on Whangamata Marina that would have given John Wilson information to write in an email on 3 March that "Chris Carter is going to pull the plug on the Marina but is asking for us to back him up." and "We have received confirmation from Bob Harvey who contacted Shanksy to say the Minister has got the balls to go ahead and stop the Marina going ahead at Whanga."?
2. SHANE JONES to the Minister of Finance: What reports, if any, has he received suggesting alternative approaches to KiwiSaver that would encourage people to save for their retirement?
3. JOHN KEY to the Minister of Finance: Would the introduction of a payroll tax have the effect of reducing employment in some industries; if so, what industries might be affected?
4. HEATHER ROY to the Minister of Health: What monetary value, if any, does PHARMAC place on human life when considering new drugs for subsidy, and if none, why not?
5. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister for Tertiary Education: Has the Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology repaid any of the $3.5 million it agreed to repay the Tertiary Education Commission in 2004, following an independent evaluation of its Cool IT course; if not, why not?
6. RON MARK to the Minister of Justice: Does his department hold statistics that indicate how much crime is being committed by foreign nationals; if not, why not?
7. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: What is the number of individual surgical discharges for the calendar year 2001 and how does this compare with the number of individual surgical discharges for the calendar year 2005?
8. SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Broadcasting: Has he received any reports on the levels of New Zealand music on commercial radio?
9. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Justice: Does he stand by the information contained in the document Prison Population Forecast 2005, released by the Ministry of Justice; if so, why?
10. MARTIN GALLAGHER to the Minister of Police: Has she received any reports on the reaction to the proposed review of the Police Act 1958?
11. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister for Disability Issues: Can she confirm that as Minister for Disability Issues her role is to be an "advocate for disabled people"?
12. DARIEN FENTON to the Minister of Health: What progress has been made towards increasing the capacity of Breast Screen Aotearoa?