Questions for Oral Answer - Thursday 30 March 2006
Questions for Oral Answer As At Thursday, 30
Questions to Ministers
1. SHANE JONES to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports, if any, has he received indicating that effective marginal tax rates should be increased?
2. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Does her Government still have the objective of returning New Zealand's per capita income to the top half of the OECD; if so, when does she expect this to happen?
3. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: Does he agree with British Prime Minister Tony Blair that "in terms of the long term future there is no issue that's more important than climate change"; if so, will he support a cross-party agreement on the seriousness of this issue and the broad parameters for the way forward?
4. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: What mark out of ten would he give the Government's ability to meet New Zealanders' need for elective surgery?
5. RUSSELL FAIRBROTHER to the Minister of Trade: What action is New Zealand currently taking to secure access for New Zealand apples into the Australian market?
6. PHIL HEATLEY to the Associate Minister for Economic Development: What part has he played in general policy development as an Associate Minister for Economic Development since taking up the role?
URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises:
Ki tana whakapono, e tika ana ma Kaporeihana Whenua e hoko
te whenua ki tetahi rangatira tumataiti, ara, te whenua i
murua mai ra i te hunga Maori, hei pa tuwatawata; mena ae,
he aha ai, mena kao, he aha ai hoki?
Translation: Does he believe it is appropriate for LandCorp to sell land, that was taken from Maori for defence purposes and then transferred to LandCorp, to a private owner; if not, why not?
8. JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister of Health: Is he satisfied that all district health board funding for Family Start programmes is being correctly applied; if so, why?
9. JILL PETTIS to the Minister for Economic Development: What steps is the Government taking to assist exporters enter key overseas markets?
10. Hon MAURICE WILLIAMSON to the Minister of Transport: Is he concerned that Transit New Zealand's active opposition to a number of commercial investment projects is significantly impeding economic development right across New Zealand and what does he intend to do about it?
11. GORDON COPELAND to the Minister for Transport Safety: What has the Government done since the establishment of the transport safety portfolio to improve transport safety in New Zealand?
12. Dr JACKIE BLUE to the Minister of Health: What reports, if any, has he seen on the tendering of district health board laboratory contracts?