Questions for Oral Answer - Tuesday, 4 April 2006
Questions for Oral Answer
As At Tuesday, 4 April 2006
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Does she still stand by her stated objective "to restore public confidence in the political integrity of Parliament and the electoral process."; if not, why not?
2. DARREN HUGHES to the Minister for Tertiary Education: Has he received any reports on reactions to the interest-free student loan scheme, which came into effect on 1 April 2006?
3. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister responsible for Ministerial Services: Does she share the concerns of the Auditor-General who, in his Inquiry into funding arrangements for Green Party liaison roles, stated that "there is a risk arising out of the 3 individuals being based in the Green Party's parliamentary office ... the 3 individuals may be drawn into activities outside the scope of the Vote: Ministerial Services appropriations"; if not, why not?
4. PETER BROWN to the Minister of Transport: What criteria would his Ministry follow were it to study a potential code-share agreement on trans-Tasman routes between Qantas and Air New Zealand?
5. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Police: Has she seen any recent reports about levels of violent crime?
6. TARIANA TURIA to the Minister of Fisheries: Does he agree with Northland oyster farmer and Ngati Kuri and Ngai Takoto chief executive, Ben Waitai, that in respect of the allocation of marine farming space, this Government "worries about tax evasion - this is Treaty evasion", and what will he be doing to respond to the claims that the Government's aquaculture legislation is unworkable?
7. JOHN KEY to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement to the Finance and Expenditure Committee, in relation to comments previously made by the Minister of Revenue, that, "I'm the person responsible for either having or filling fiscal holes. In the end, that buck stops literally right here."; if so, why?
8. Dr ASHRAF CHOUDHARY to the Minister of Research, Science and Technology: What reports, if any, has he received about Government investment in research and development?
9. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: How is the rate of inflation in hospital costs measured, and what reports has he received on the Hospital Price Index over the past 12 months?
10. HEATHER ROY to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Does he stand by his statement that "Labour is targeting tax credits where they are needed", and does he believe a backbench MP with five children and no earning spouse should be eligible to apply for extra welfare assistance because they need it?
11. SHANE ARDERN to the Minister for Biosecurity: Can he assure New Zealand there will be no biosecurity risk as a result of a Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry proposal to allow honey and bee products into New Zealand?
12. MARYAN STREET to the Minister for Information Technology: What feedback has he received on the Government's promotion of information technology?