Questions for Oral Answer - Tuesday, 16 May 2006
Questions for Oral Answer As At Tuesday, 16 May 2006
Questions to Ministers
1. SHANE JONES to the Minister of Finance: Has he received, in the last few days, any independent comparative reports on New Zealand's levels of taxation?
2. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her statement that "getting higher levels of sustainable growth is dependent on industry, government, and other actors all playing their part."; if so, how is her Government planning to achieve that goal?
3. Hon BRIAN DONNELLY to the Minister of Education: Were the grade variations for School Certificate in its last five years both between subjects and within subjects over consecutive years similar to the grade variations observed thus far within NCEA?
4. JOHN KEY to the Minister of Finance: Did he, when deciding there would be no tax cuts in this year's Budget, consider Treasury's advice that the Government should think about tax reductions as well as new spending when developing budget initiatives; if not, why not?
5. SUE BRADFORD to the Minister for Economic Development: What reports has he received of reaction to the announcement of the $11.5 million budget allocation for the Buy Kiwi-Made initiative?
6. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Prime Minister: Has she, her Ministers or staff received any information or advice from the State Services Commissioner since he began his inquiry into the leaking of a confidential budget-related Cabinet paper to Telecom New Zealand Limited; if so, what was that advice or information?
7. Dr PITA SHARPLES to the Minister of Maori
Affairs: Ka taea e ia te ripoata nga hua kua puta i nga
tirohanga mo nga tari kawanatanga i waihangatia hei mahi ma
Te Puni Kokiri, meina kare, he aha ai?
Translation: Is he able to report on the results of the monitoring of other Government departments for which Te Puni Kokiri is responsible; if not, why not?
8. KATHERINE RICH to the Minister for Economic Development: Does he stand by the statement made on his behalf by Hon David Cunliffe that "total sales data are not yet available" for the New Zealand Focus store in Hong Kong six months after opening?
9. DAVE HEREORA to the Minister for Building Issues: What are the measures proposed to improve the Weathertight Homes Resolution Service?
10. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Civil Defence: Why should New Zealanders have confidence in the National Civil Defence and Emergency Management Plan when Canterbury civil defence says it has "big ambiguities, big inconsistencies, big holes", when Greater Wellington civil defence described the plan as fatally flawed, and when Mai Chen's legal opinion called it "dysfunctional"?
11. GEORGINA BEYER to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What reports has he received on increased participation in the labour force?
12. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Prime Minister: Has Noel Ingram QC received a response from Taito Phillip Field to the draft inquiry report into alleged conflict of interest?