Questions for Oral Answer - Tuesday, 27 June 2006
Questions for Oral Answer As At Tuesday, 27
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her reported statement that yesterday Cabinet agreed to seek a multi-party accord on ways to stem the rising tide of child homicide; if not, why not?
2. SHANE JONES to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on economic growth in New Zealand?
3. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her statement "we will continue to fund a Well Child service 24 hours a day"?
4. RODNEY HIDE to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What is his estimate of the total weekly benefits and other subsidies and allowances paid to the occupants of the two Housing New Zealand properties that the family of Chris and Cru Kahui lived in?
5. JOHN KEY to the Minister of Finance: Were any officials present, or notes kept, at the meeting held on 13 March 2006 between senior Air New Zealand executives and a group of Ministers including himself, Hon David Parker and Hon Lianne Dalziel?
6. MOANA MACKEY to the Minister of Education: What is the Government doing to increase the number of qualified teachers in early childhood education?
7. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Energy: Does the report into the Auckland power blackout on 12 June identify why the failure of a single D-shackle resulted in 700,000 people losing electricity at an estimated cost of up to $70 million?
8. RUSSELL FAIRBROTHER to the Minister for Building Issues: What reports, if any, has he received on proposals to license building practitioners?
9. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of Maori Affairs: What are the "whole lot of other issues" he was referring to when he said "There are several technicalities in relation to the retrospective decisions that need to be made in relation to a whole lot of other issues"?
10. DARREN HUGHES to the Minister of Health: What progress is being made towards removing asset testing for New Zealanders who need long-term residential care?
11. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister for Crown Research Institutes: Does he support the continued ownership of Crown research institutes by the State; if not, why not?
12. PITA PARAONE to the Minister of Maori Affairs: What advice, if any, has he received regarding Maori satisfaction with the current timeframe for Treaty of Waitangi settlements?