Questions for Oral Answer - Wednesday 19 July 2006
Questions for Oral Answer
As At Wednesday, 19 July 2006
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: What concerns did the Ingram report she released yesterday outline about work carried out by four Thai people on Taito Phillip Field's house in Samoa, and does she agree with the statement in the report "If the allegations in relation to further Thai labour working on Mr Field's house in Samoa are to be resolved, it would be necessary for an authority with appropriate powers of investigation to inquire further."?
2. DIANNE YATES to the Minister of Trade: What steps has he taken in response to the decision by the European Commission to suspend butter trade from New Zealand?
3. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: What discretion, if any, does he or an Associate Minister, have in relation to immigration applications, and how does he exercise such discretion?
4. R DOUG WOOLERTON to the Minister of Finance: Has he received any reports regarding the virtues of providing tax relief to aid the performance of exporting companies, and is he considering providing tax relief for exporters as part of Export Year 2007?
5. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Police: Is she satisfied that police effectively prioritise their time and resources; if so, why?
6. STEVE CHADWICK to the Minister of Local Government: What reports has he received, if any, on the relationship between central government and local government?
7. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Education: What is he doing to address NCEA design issues which act as "disincentives to maximising student motivation and achievement" and "could have a negative long-term impact on persistence and endeavour factors seen as necessary for being successful in the future"?
8. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Is there a shortage of general practitioners in New Zealand; if so, where?
9. Hon MARIAN HOBBS to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: What is the latest projection of New Zealand's emissions balance for the first commitment period from 2008-2012 under the Kyoto Protocol?
10. KATHERINE RICH to the Minister of Commerce: How many new regulations affecting business has the Government introduced since 1999 and does she agree that this has put additional pressure on businesses?
11. RODNEY HIDE to the Minister of Finance: Will he be insisting that Westpac Banking Corporation advise their New Zealand customers what assets and liabilities will be backing their investments, before they are shifted across to the new company Westpac New Zealand Limited, as a condition of him advising the making of an Order in Council, which states the new company's assets and liabilities, as provided for by clause 6 of the Westpac New Zealand Bill; if not, why not?
12. SHANE ARDERN to the Minister for Biosecurity: How long does he estimate the varroa bee mite has been in the South Island, and why didn't surveillance pick it up sooner, as it has been confirmed in at least 41 sites over a 40km area?
Questions to Members
1. RODNEY HIDE to the Chairperson of the Finance and Expenditure Committee: What submissions and evidence have been heard on the Westpac New Zealand Bill?
2. RODNEY HIDE to the Member in Charge of Westpac New Zealand Bill: Is she proposing any amendments to the Westpac New Zealand Bill to advise New Zealand customers of Westpac what assets will be backing their deposits before her bill shifts them into the new company Westpac New Zealand Limited; if not, why not?