Questions for Oral Answer - 30 August 2006
Questions for Oral Answer
Wednesday, 30 August 2006
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon BRIAN DONNELLY to the Minister of Education: How much has been spent thus far on the numeracy development project?
2. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her statement to the House yesterday in which she expressed confidence in the Ingram report into matters related to Taito Phillip Field; if not, why not?
3. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Minister for Tertiary Education: What recent reports, if any, has he received on the Gateway programme?
4. Dr DON BRASH to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by the statement in the Speech from the Throne in 1999 that her Government would “restore public confidence in the political integrity of Parliament and the electoral process”?
5. TARIANA TURIA to the Minister of Health: What commitment does the Government have to retaining secondary health services in Whanganui?
6. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: Does he stand by the statement made on his behalf to the House yesterday that “I rely on the Ingram report because it is an authoritative report written by a Queen’s Counsel.”?
7. SUE BRADFORD to the Minister of Commerce: What investigation has been undertaken by the Securities Commission into the initial public offering of shares in Feltex Carpets Limited, and what was the outcome of any such investigation?
8. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: Does he stand by his statement to the House on Thursday 20 July that no ministerial discretion was exercised when the New Zealand Immigration Service approved a work visa for Mr Bulakorn Nakhen on 17 February 2005 in response to submissions by Taito Phillip Field?
9. Hon MARIAN HOBBS to the Minister for Disarmament and Arms Control: Will New Zealand provide assistance with the clearance of landmines and unexploded ordnance in Lebanon following the recent conflict there?
10. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Is he satisfied that health expenditure is being prioritised appropriately; if so, why?
11. RUSSELL FAIRBROTHER to the Minister of Housing: What changes did the Government recently announce to the Welcome Home Loan scheme which assists New Zealand families to buy their first home?
12. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Commerce: Does she stand by her reply to question for written answer 9163 (2006) about Standards New Zealand, and in particular her statement “The Committee will make every attempt to achieve full consensus. In rare circumstances, however, a standard may be published without full consensus provided 80% of the committee members vote in favour of publication.”?