Appointments made to new Lottery Committee
Hon Rick Barker
Minister of Internal Affairs
12 November 2007
Appointments made to new Lottery Significant Projects Distribution Committee
Internal Affairs Minister, Rick Barker today announced five appointments to the Lottery Significant Projects Distribution Committee.
The Distribution Committee was established by the Minister on 12 October 2007.
"The Lottery Significant Projects Fund is planned to provide $16 million annually over the next three years to complete major projects, with a capital expenditure of at least $1 million.
"This major new fund will assist projects that are of importance to the wider community, region or nation," Mr Barker said.
The appointments to the new committee are:
- Hon Margaret Shields (Porirua) has been appointed as
Presiding Member. Margaret has substantial leadership skills
and has experience in governance and local government.
- Basil Morrison (Paeroa) has vast knowledge and experience in local government and is President of Local Government New Zealand. He brings extensive technical expertise in capital works funding and considerable experience in fund distribution.
- Colin Dale (Auckland) has 50 years experience in the local government sector, and has been involved with various community projects in the South Auckland region.
- Enid Leighton (Whakatane) has business management experience in the social and health sectors, and knowledge of Maori economic and community development.
- Frana Cardno (Te Anau) is Mayor of the Southland District Council, and has substantial experience in local government and community development.
Hon Margaret Shields and Colin Dale have been appointed for a term commencing on 12 November 2007 and ending on 11 May 2010. Basil Morrison, Enid Leighton and Frana Cardno have been appointed for a term commencing on 12 November 2007 and ending on 11 May 2009.