Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 15 Nov 2007
Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 15 November 2007
Questions to Ministers
1. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of State Services: Does the view expressed by the Minister of Agriculture that “the person who is in a vulnerable position will always have the bone pointed at them” indicate the Government’s thinking on the appointment process for senior positions in the Public Service?
2. R DOUG WOOLERTON to the Minister of Agriculture: What conversations has he had with Fonterra’s board of directors regarding options for its future capital structure, and which of the options put forward would he favour as Minister of Agriculture?
3. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Justice: Does she agree with the statement of her predecessor that the Electoral Finance Bill “will help promote participation in parliamentary democracy”?
4. Hon MARK GOSCHE to the Minister for Economic Development: What Labour-led Government assistance is there to help New Zealand firms take advantage of new business opportunities overseas?
5. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of Agriculture: Why was he consulted about the potential employment of Madeleine Setchell by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry?
6. HEATHER ROY to the Minister of Transport: Does the Minister stand by her statement that the Greater Wellington Regional Council’s Regional Strategy “fits well with the Government’s overall goals of economic transformation and sustainability.”; if so, what are the benefits in terms of carbon emissions from the Government’s decision to fund 90 percent of Wellington’s new rail units?
7. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister for the Environment: Does he have confidence in the Chief Executive of the Ministry for the Environment?
8. Dr ASHRAF CHOUDHARY to the Minister of Education: What steps is the Government taking to ensure all young people achieve their potential and make a positive contribution to New Zealand’s economic transformation and social development?
9. KATHERINE RICH to the Minister of Education: Does he stand by statements made on his behalf in the House yesterday regarding the actions of the Ministry of Education after being made aware of sexual abuse allegations against the principal of Hato Paora College: “I am most certain that the Ministry of Education has done its darnedest to ensure that this matter gets to a better place.”; if so, why?
10. JILL PETTIS to the Minister for Food Safety: What Government initiatives have been put in place to address foodborne illness in New Zealand?
11. JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: How much has the Ministry of Social Development budgeted for advertising the SuperGold card in 2007/08?
12. Hon MARIAN HOBBS to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: What reports, if any, has he received on the proposed emissions trading scheme?