Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 20 Nov 2007
Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 20 November 2007
Questions to Ministers
1. PETER BROWN to the Minister for ACC: Has she received any recent reports regarding the way in which physiotherapy services are funded and accredited by ACC?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Justice: Does she stand by her statement, in relation to the Electoral Finance Bill, that “This Bill does not restrict free speech. It simply restricts rights to ‘purchase’ speech through advertising.”; if so, why?
3. Hon MARIAN HOBBS to the Minister of Education: What new resources is the Government providing to improve the financial literacy of New Zealanders?
4. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Justice: What is the penalty in the Electoral Finance Bill for a Government department, a Crown entity, a State enterprise or a Crown owned company which publishes an election advertisement?
5. TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister of Fisheries: What strategies, if any, has he put in place to ensure that whanau, hapu and iwi will be involved in a respectful and meaningful way in any working group developing joint policy proposals on shared fisheries?
6. CHRISTOPHER FINLAYSON to the Minister of Justice: What types of material does the Electoral Finance Bill exclude from the meaning of the term “election advertisement” in clause 5(2)(c)?
7. METIRIA TUREI to the Minister of Fisheries: Does he stand by his claim that “Most New Zealand fisheries are sustainable”; if so, why?
8. KATHERINE RICH to the Minister of Education: If the ministry from this point has serious allegations of sexual abuse brought to its attention by a school seeking advice what to do, will the ministry in future advise that school to take such concerns to the police, or does he agree with the statement made on his behalf that “That is outrageous.”?
9. LYNNE PILLAY to the Minister of Veterans' Affairs: What progress is being made in implementing the Memorandum of Understanding signed between representatives of veterans of Viet Nam and the Government?
10. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Justice: How do recent changes to bail laws fulfil the Government’s aim to “arrest the sharp increase in the prison population in recent years”, and why?
11. DAVE HEREORA to the Minister for Building and Construction: Has he received any recent reports on apprenticeships in the building industry?
12. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister for the Environment: Was the Ministry for the Environment influenced in its decision to employ Labour Party activist, Claire Curran, for strategic communications and advice on climate change by the recommendation of Minister Hon David Parker, and on what terms was she employed?