Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 6 Dec 07
Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 6
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Justice: Does she stand by her statement yesterday, in relation to the Electoral Finance Bill, that “I am prepared to listen to the debate on clause 80(d) so that Parliament’s interpretation on the clause will be made clear to the electoral agencies, and that is all they ask.”; if so, why?
2. Hon MARIAN HOBBS to the Minister of Research, Science and Technology: Has he received any reports on the returns from Government-sponsored research and development for businesses?
3. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Why are his officials part of a “secret razor gang” advising the Capital and Coast District Health Board to slash the jobs of up to 50 doctors?
4. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister for the Environment: Does he have confidence in the chief executive of the Ministry for the Environment; if so, why?
5. RON MARK to the Minister of Corrections: Is he satisfied with the performance of Corrections’ Integrated Offender Management system; if so, why?
6. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of State Services: Does he have confidence in the Public Service?
7. SUE KEDGLEY to the Minister for Food Safety: Why is it not mandatory to label fresh fruit, vegetables, seafood, pork and pork products to show the country in which it was made or produced, as it is in Australia, with which we share joint labelling standards?
8. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Justice: Does she agree with the report of the Ombudsman, released yesterday, which states that the criminal justice sector is suffering from a loss of public and political confidence, and that this was putting the system at “serious risk”?
9. MOANA MACKEY to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What reports has she received regarding the number of unallocated cases within Child, Youth and Family?
10. KATHERINE RICH to the Minister of Education: Will he order an inquiry into the handling of sex abuse allegations against the principal of Hato Paora College by his ministry and the Board of Hato Paora College; if not, why not?
11. LESLEY SOPER to the Minister of Housing: What recent announcements has she made regarding partnerships between the Labour-led Government and territorial authorities?
12. COLIN KING to the Minister for Tertiary Education: Will the Government meet the target of having 14,000 Modern Apprentices by December 2008; if so, how?
Questions to Members
1. RODNEY HIDE to the Chairperson of the Commerce Committee: What progress has the committee made on considering the Regulatory Responsibility Bill?
2. KATHERINE RICH to the Chairperson of the Education and Science Committee: What progress has been made on the committee’s Inquiry into making the schooling system work for every child?
3. Hon TAU HENARE to the Chairperson of the Māori Affairs Committee: When does the committee expect to be able to report to the House on the petition of Hariata Baker requesting that the House ensure the will of Pukepuke Tangiora be revived in its original form, as it was before the implementation of the recommendations contained in the Native Affairs Committee report on Petition 52/1942?
4. CHRISTOPHER FINLAYSON to the Chairperson of the Justice and Electoral Committee: When does the committee expect to deliberate on the victims’ rights inquiry?
5. ERIC ROY to the Chairperson of the Local Government and Environment Committee: What progress has been made on the committee’s consideration of the Marine Reserves Bill?
6. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Chairperson of the Primary Production Committee: When will the committee finalise the 2006/07 financial review of Timberlands West Coast?
7. Dr RICHARD WORTH to the Chairperson of the Commerce Committee: Has the committee finished hearing evidence on the Regulatory Responsibility Bill?
8. JO GOODHEW to the Chairperson of the Health Committee: How many submissioners have been heard on the Inquiry into the provision of ambulance services?
9. Dr JONATHAN COLEMAN to the Chairperson of the Health Committee: When will the 2006/07 financial review of the Waitemata District Health Board be completed?
10. Dr JACKIE BLUE to the Chairperson of the Health Committee: When will the 2006/07 financial review of the Ministry of Health be completed?