Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 5 March 08
Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 5 March 2008
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Does he expect the health sector to follow the Auditor-General’s procurement guidelines that advise that a public entity should “ensure that any information given to one tenderer that could significantly affect its understanding of the procurement is also conveyed to all other tenderers”, and “treat all tenderers in a fair and equitable manner”; and is he satisfied that all tenderers were treated fairly in the community services contract at the Hawke’s Bay District Health Board?
2. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on patterns of wage growth in Australia and New Zealand?
3. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Was the Minister of Health briefed on a proposed community services joint venture between the Hawke’s Bay District Health Board and Healthcare New Zealand before the 2005 election; if so, when?
4. GORDON COPELAND to the Minister of Conservation: Is the Department of Conservation still proposing to proceed with a cull to control the goats on Arapawa Island in the Marlborough Sounds; if so, when and how?
5. Dr JONATHAN COLEMAN to the Minister of Health: What is the threshold that he sets himself for intervening in the governance arrangements of a district health board?
6. TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister in charge of Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations: He aha ta Ngati Whaoa i roto i te Tikanga Whakaaetanga i hainatia i nga wiki e rua kua hipa i waenganui i te Karauna me nga kahui mangai, e mohiotia nei, ko te Kotahitanga a-iwi i Te Puku o Te Ika a Maui?
Translation: What involvement has Ngati Whaoa had in the Terms of Agreement signed two weeks ago between the Crown and representatives of the iwi group, known as the Central North Island Collective?
7. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Justice: Can she confirm that violent crime has increased by 32 percent since 1999/2000; if so, why?
8. RODNEY HIDE to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: Does he agree with Dr Hugh Saddler and Dr Richard Denniss in their Greenpeace report New Zealand’s Expanding Carbon Footprint that under the Government’s proposed emissions trading scheme New Zealand will need to import $3.1 billion worth of emission permits; if not, what does he believe the figure to be?
9. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister for Building and Construction: Is the Weathertight Homes Resolution Service, established in 2002, transferred in 2004, and amended in 2006 and 2007, working well?
10. RUSSELL FAIRBROTHER to the Minister of Health: What reports has he received on governance issues at the Hawke’s Bay District Health Board?
11. PHIL HEATLEY to the Minister of Housing: Does the Minister have confidence in Housing New Zealand Corporation; if so, why?
12. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Minister of Transport: What reports has she received on the Government’s recent announcement on vehicle noise?