Questions For Oral Answer - 12 March 2008
Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 12 March 2008
Questions to Ministers
1. JOHN KEY to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her response, when asked whether her Government got many of its ideas from the New Zealand Public Service, “No. It is a very blunt answer but it is true. We generate the ideas.”; if not, why not?
2. Dr ASHRAF CHOUDHARY to the Minister of Agriculture: What reports has he received on reaction to the Government’s Fast Forward programme announced yesterday?
3. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Will he undertake to ensure the release of version one of the Director-General’s report into conflict of interest allegations at the Hawke’s Bay District Health Board; if not, why not?
4. KEITH LOCKE to the Minister of Trade: How can he give an assurance that the proposed free trade deal between New Zealand and China will not “provide a threat to the wages and conditions of New Zealand workers” when wage rates in China are so much lower than they are here?
5. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Why did the Director-General of Health join Peter Hausmann’s Healthcare New Zealand in seeking to renew a suppression order relating to the Hawke’s Bay District Health Board inquiry?
6. BARBARA STEWART to the Minister of Health: Does he support the decision by the Capital and Coast District Health Board to terminate Kenepuru Hospital’s twenty-four hour emergency coverage; if so, why?
7. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Finance: What are the forecast finance costs for the Government in 2008, and what were the actual finance costs in 2007?
8. ANNE TOLLEY to the Minister of Education: Does he have confidence in the Ministry of Education; if so, why?
9. LYNNE PILLAY to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What reports has she received on changes to rates for New Zealand Superannuation?
10. JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister of Revenue: Is he satisfied with the way that the Inland Revenue Department responds to notifications from custodial parents when their former partners with child support debt are either entering or leaving New Zealand; if not, why not?
11. LESLEY SOPER to the Minister of Energy: What recent reports has he received on energy security?
12. PHIL HEATLEY to the Minister of Housing: How many applicants are currently on the Housing New Zealand Corporation waiting list?
Questions to Members
1. CRAIG FOSS to the Chairperson of the Government Administration Committee: How many submissions have been received on the Protected Disclosures Amendment Bill?