Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 13 March 08
Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 13 March 2008
Questions to Ministers
1. MOANA MACKEY to the Minister of Finance: How many young people have enrolled in KiwiSaver?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Finance: What was the level of gross sovereign-issued debt in 2000 and 2007, in millions of dollars, as recorded on page 23 of the Government’s financial statements for the year ended 30 June 2007?
3. KEITH LOCKE to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Does he agree with the United States State Department’s latest report, released on Tuesday, that China is “authoritarian” and continues to “deny … citizens basic human rights and fundamental freedoms”?
4. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Will the Director-General’s inquiry into the Hawke’s Bay District Health Board cover the role of management in dealing with conflicts of interest; if not, why not?
5. SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Transport: What investment has the Government made in transport in the Waikato region?
6. JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Is she satisfied that the Families Commission is focused on its role as an advocate for New Zealand families; if not, why not?
7. Hon TARIANA TURIA to the Minister for ACC: What contracts is Te Rūpeketanga Trust currently receiving from the Accident Compensation Corporation, and what is the total amount of contract funding being provided to Te Rūpeketanga Trust from ACC?
8. PHIL HEATLEY to the Minister of Housing: Does she have confidence in Housing New Zealand Corporation; if so, why?
9. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Minister of Education: What reports has he received about the success of the education system?
10. CHESTER BORROWS to the Minister of Police: Is she satisfied with police policies and practice relating to the safe handling of their firearms?
11. JUDY TURNER to the Minister for Courts: Why has he refused to include DNA testing to determine parentage in the Family Courts Matters Bill despite his own admission that “The Government agrees in principle with the policy intent” of the proposal?
12. Hon TAU HENARE to the Minister of Māori Affairs: Is the Maori Trustee intended to be independent of the Crown?