Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 19 March 08
Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 19 March 2008
Questions to Ministers
1. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Minister of Finance: What new economic initiatives come into force on 1 April this year, and what has been the reaction to them?
2. JOHN KEY to the Prime Minister: Does she continue to stand by her statement, in relation to the economic downturn, that “Basically the New Zealand economy has held up pretty well”; if so, why?
3. KEITH LOCKE to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: What human rights abuses, if any, would lead him to advise the Prime Minister to reconsider the April signing of a preferential trade agreement with China?
4. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Justice: Is she satisfied with the quality of advice provided by officials during the process of reviewing electoral law and the development of the Electoral Finance Act 2007; if not, why not?
5. LYNNE PILLAY to the Minister of Justice: What further initiatives has the Government decided on to support victims?
6. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Did Peter Hausmann make any changes to the draft community services request for proposal, sent to him by management at the Hawke’s Bay District Health Board two months before it was issued, and were these changes accepted?
7. PETER BROWN to the Minister of Energy: How many grants were made last year by the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority’s loan subsidy scheme?
8. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: What progress has the Government made over the past eight years in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and towards the goal of carbon neutrality?
9. RUSSELL FAIRBROTHER to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What reports has she received regarding reductions in spending on the unemployment benefit?
10. JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister of Revenue: Can he confirm that total child support debt is now over $1.2 billion, including $471.9 million in assessment debt, and how does the level of assessment debt compare with 1999?
11. HONE HARAWIRA to the Minister of Māori Affairs: How many beneficiaries are there to the unclaimed moneys and other moneys currently being held by the Maori Trustee?
12. Hon TAU HENARE to the Minister of Māori Affairs: Is the Maori Trustee’s General Purposes Fund made up of income generated from beneficiary money?