Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 27 May 2008
Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 27 May
Questions to Ministers
1. RON MARK to the Minister of Police: Can she say when the Commissioner of Police will release his decision on whether to issue Tasers to frontline police; if not, why not?
2. JOHN KEY to the Prime Minister: Does she have confidence in all her Ministers; if so, why?
3. DARIEN FENTON to the Minister of Trade: What progress is being made towards a Free Trade Agreement with India?
4. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Justice: Does she believe the Electoral Finance Act 2007 is working well; if not, why not?
5. TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree with Dr Steven Poletti from Auckland University’s Economics Department that Budget 2008 continues to leave behind the 150,000 children and their parents who have the greatest needs in the country when he states that “There has been no base benefit increase, and the In-Work tax credit still is denied to the children who are in most hardship.”; if not, why?
6. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: Can he confirm that he was briefed on the Oughton report on 14 December last year?
7. MOANA MACKEY to the Minister of Research, Science and Technology: What action has he taken to foster sustainable development in New Zealand?
8. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Corrections: Is he satisfied with the effectiveness of non-custodial alternatives to prison; if so, why?
9. Dr ASHRAF CHOUDHARY to the Minister of Education: What reports has he received on efficiencies in the delivery of education?
10. ANNE TOLLEY to the Minister of Education: Does he have confidence in the National Certificate of Educational Achievement; if so, why?
11. SUE BRADFORD to the Minister of Finance: What advice, if any, has he had as to whether last week’s Budget will increase or decrease the income gap between beneficiaries and waged workers?
12. PHIL HEATLEY to the Minister of Housing: Does she have confidence in Housing New Zealand Corporation; if so, why?