Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 18 June 08
Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 18 June 2008
Questions to Ministers
1. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports has he received on New Zealand's sovereign credit rating?
2. JOHN KEY to the Prime Minister: Does she have confidence in the Ministers of Corrections, Justice and Police; if so, why?
3. RON MARK to the Minister of Police: Does she believe that Police are winning the battle against criminal gangs; if so, why?
4. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Justice: Does she stand by her statement, in relation to the We're Making a Difference to Everyone pamphlet that "The secretary of the Labour Party has decided that this particular booklet... will be apportioned against Labour party expenses."; if so, why?
5. RUSSELL FAIRBROTHER to the Minister for Community and Voluntary Sector: What reports has she received on the contribution to New Zealand made by volunteers?
6. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: What changes, if any, are being considered to the Climate Change (Emissions Trading and Renewable Preference) Bill to gain the support of other parties in the Parliament?
7. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Minister of Agriculture: Was the 2003 Memorandum of Understanding between the Crown and the agriculture industry, which the Government has stated prevents it from bringing agriculture into the Emissions Trading Scheme until 2013, formally reviewed in June last year as required by clause 12.2; if not, when will it be reviewed?
8. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of Energy: Does he stand by his reported statement in The Press on 11 June 2008 that "CO2 emissions from the electricity sector had fallen since about 2000."?
9. MOANA MACKEY to the Minister of Conservation: What new measures have been taken to improve the protection of the Kaikoura Ranges?
10. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: Has he read the letter tabled in the House yesterday from an unnamed immigration officer, which states that "New Zealand's immigration policies are just being flouted to the detriment of the integrity, security and fabric of New Zealand."; if so, what other evidence has he seen that immigration policy is not being followed?
11. Dr PITA SHARPLES to the Minister in charge of Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations: What are the implications for Ngai Tahu and Tainui of their ratchet clause relativity mechanism being expressed in 1994 dollar terms?
12. PAULA BENNETT to the Minister of Education: When will the new regulations making up the Early Childhood Education regulatory system be released?