Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 26 June 2008
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Thursday, 26 June 2008
Questions to Ministers
1. DAVE HEREORA to the Minister in charge of Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations: What recent progress has been made on Treaty of Waitangi settlements?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Justice: How many times will the Electoral Commission meet before this year's general election?
3. HEATHER ROY to the Minister of State Services: Is he satisfied with the State Services Commission's monitoring of the performance of other Government departments?
4. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: Will the Emissions Trading Scheme provide a windfall profit to State Owned Enterprises Meridian Energy and Mighty River Power; if so, how much weight should be given to the Sustainable Business Council report funded by them to lobby MPs to hurry up and pass the emissions trading legislation?
5. SUE KEDGLEY to the Minister of Commerce: Has she been advised that the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is conducting an inquiry into grocery food pricing; if so, does she believe a similar inquiry might be useful here, given that in New Zealand two companies control 96% of the market, compared to Australia where a duopoly controls 80% of the market?
6. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: What specific concerns did he raise with the new chief executive of the Department of Labour when matters relating to Mary Anne Thompson and the Oughton Report first came to his attention last year?
7. PITA PARAONE to the Minister of Fisheries: How many foreign-owned fishing vessels are known to have fished illegally in New Zealand waters in each of the last three years and how many of those were prosecuted?
8. CRAIG FOSS to the Minister of Health: Does he have confidence in the Hawke's Bay District Health Board; if so, why?
9. LESLEY SOPER to the Minister of Health: What recent reports has he received on primary health care?
10. JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: How many policy staff are employed by the Ministry of Social Development and how does this compare with 2002?
11. Dr ASHRAF CHOUDHARY to the Minister for Tertiary Education: What reports has he received about staff numbers at the Tertiary Education Commission?
12. PHIL HEATLEY to the Minister of Housing: Does she have confidence in Housing New Zealand Corporation; if so, why?