Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 2 July 2008
Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 2 July
Questions to Ministers
1. JOHN KEY to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her statement, in relation to the Government’s purchase of rail and ferry assets, that “we are not going into this to make money”?
2. Hon PAUL SWAIN to the Minister of Finance: Has he received any reports on privatisation of the ACC scheme?
3. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Finance: What were the findings of the Auditor-General’s performance audit of ONTRACK?
4. DARIEN FENTON to the Minister for ACC: What reports has she received comparing the ACC scheme with Australian alternatives?
5. Dr WAYNE MAPP to the Minister of Defence: Why did he say on Sunday that he didn’t know anything about the practice of Defence Force personnel seconded to the United Nations double-dipping on housing allowances, given that he approved answers to the Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Committee that stated “it has become apparent that there have been inconsistencies…relating to housing assistance provided by the NZDF to personnel seconded to the UN.”, and that “The NZDF has suspended the provision of housing allowances to UN-seconded personnel.”?
6. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Finance: Will the results of the Reserve Bank initiative to pursue “options for alternative instruments” for monetary policy be made publicly available; and at whose behest was the addition of this initiative in the Reserve Bank’s latest Statement of Intent?
7. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Why are lower North Island district health boards planning a drastic proposal to downgrade regional hospitals in the lower North Island and to “cluster” acute services in Wellington and one other site?
8. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister of Agriculture: Why did the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry make a submission to Horizons Regional Council opposing a draft standard requiring all rivers and streams in the Manawatu-Wanganui region to be safe for swimming?
9. ANNE TOLLEY to the Minister of Education: Does he have confidence in the Ministry of Education; if so, why?
10. Hon TARIANA TURIA to the Minister of Conservation: What assurances can she give that relocation of the moko skinks from Whangamata Marina site will not affect a species categorised as “sparse” in the North Island Skink Recovery Plan 2002-2012?
11. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: Does he agree that the statement by Australian Climate Change Minister Penny Wong “The introduction of emissions trading will constitute the most significant economic and structural reform undertaken in Australia since the trade liberalisation of the 1980s” also applies to the New Zealand economy?
12. LESLEY SOPER to the Minister of Health: What reports has he received on the success of Primary Health Organisations?
Questions to Members
1. DAIL JONES to the Chairperson of the Justice and Electoral Committee: Will she request people to make submissions on the Lawyers and Conveyancers Amendment Bill (No 2); if not, why not?