Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 29 July 2008
Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 29 July
Questions to Ministers
1. JOHN KEY to the Prime Minister: Does she have confidence in the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Racing; if so, why?
2. H V ROSS ROBERTSON to the Minister of Finance: What are the Budget forecasts for cash deficits over the next four years, and what changes are likely to these forecasts in the Pre-election Economic and Fiscal Update?
3. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of State Services: What guidance documents, if any, are government departments and Ministers expected to use when making appointments to the boards of Crown-connected organisations?
4. SUE BRADFORD to the Minister of Health: Does he have any concerns about recent events involving Wellington’s and Auckland’s acute psychiatric units; and if so, what is he doing about them?
5. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: What has been the percentage change in Vote Health funding from calendar year 2001 to 2007, and what has been the percentage change in surgical first specialist assessments over that same period?
6. ANNE TOLLEY to the Minister of Education: Did he sign off on the Licensing Criteria for Early Childhood Education and Care Centres and the Licensing Criteria for Kōhanga Reo on 14 July 2008; if so, does he believe that all of the criteria are necessary and should be rigorously enforced?
7. LYNNE PILLAY to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What recent reports, if any, has she received on the Working for Families package?
8. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: What changes will the Government be prepared to make to the Climate Change (Emissions Trading and Renewable Preference) Bill to ensure it passes?
9. DARIEN FENTON to the Minister of Labour: What changes is he planning to make to the Employment Relations Act 2000 regarding employer contributions to KiwiSaver?
10. Hon DAVID CARTER to the Minister of Agriculture: Does he have confidence in his Ministry?
11. R DOUG WOOLERTON to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Is he satisfied that the diplomatic relationship between New Zealand and the United States of America is improving; if so, why?
12. PHIL HEATLEY to the Minister of Housing: Does she have confidence in Housing New Zealand Corporation; if so, why?