Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 5 August 2008
Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 5 August
Questions to Ministers
1. R DOUG WOOLERTON to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Has he been involved in discussions on electoral systems in the Pacific?
2. JOHN KEY to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her statement yesterday, in relation to Government borrowing, that, “Oh I just think it’s mind-bogglingly stupid to go out and be borrowing in the time when the international markets are in crisis”; if so, why?
3. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Minister of Finance: What is New Zealand’s national debt and how does it compare with other OECD countries?
4. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Justice: Is it Government policy that election advertisements can be paid for with parliamentary funding; if so, why?
5. Hon TARIANA TURIA to the Minister for the Environment: What assurance can iwi have as a result of the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment’s report on the Levin landfill that waste disposal policies will not create new environmental hazards?
6. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Corrections: Does he have confidence in his department; if so, why?
7. KEITH LOCKE to the Prime Minister: What concerns, if any, has her Government expressed to the Chinese Government about its continuing clampdown on dissent, contrary to promises made to the international community to improve human rights by the time of the Olympics?
8. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister in charge of Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations: What did his hongi with Tame Iti, at the signing of the Terms of Negotiations with Tūhoe last week, symbolise?
9. RUSSELL FAIRBROTHER to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What recent reports, if any, has she received on the Working for Families package?
10. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: How many full-time equivalent staff were employed by the Ministry of Health in 2000 and how many are employed now?
11. SUE MORONEY to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: What reports has he received on the performance of State-owned enterprises?
12. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: Does he have confidence in Immigration New Zealand?