Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 7 August 08
Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 7 August 2008
Questions to Ministers
1. SU'A WILLIAM SIO to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on alternative ways of promoting domestic savings?
2. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her statement made yesterday that “my confidence in the management of the Kiwi economy is entirely shared by Standard and Poor’s”?
3. LYNNE PILLAY to the Associate Minister of Justice: What progress has the Government made on its review of the current system for regulating the private security industry?
4. GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Does he stand by his statement of 13 July 2008 on Agenda in reference to State-owned enterprises that “Well I’m happy to have floats as long as it’s non core assets”?
5. Hon PETER DUNNE to the Minister for Ethnic Affairs: Is the Government considering introducing a Multiculturalism Bill?
6. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Does he stand by his answer in the House yesterday that in claiming “over 2300 extra medical personnel” since 2001, “the statistics are on the same basis throughout”?
7. Hon TARIANA TURIA to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What specific interventions will she be making to address the fact that 27% of Māori children live in poverty, and does she believe this is a fair go for Māori children?
8. ANNE TOLLEY to the Minister of Education: Is he satisfied that the Ministry of Education is spending taxpayer funds wisely; if so, why?
9. RUSSELL FAIRBROTHER to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Has she received any recent advice on New Zealand’s social trends?
10. PANSY WONG to the Minister for ACC: Does she have confidence that ACC is responsible with taxpayers’ money?
11. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister for the Environment: Is he confident that the Māpua clean up has reduced risks to the health of the community and the estuary; if so, why?
12. Hon DAVID CARTER to the Minister of Agriculture: Does he have confidence in his Ministry; if so, why?