Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 18 Feb 2009
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 18 February 2009
Questions to Ministers
1. PESETA SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister of Finance: What steps is the Government taking to address the fiscal outlook outlined in the most recent Budget Policy Statement?
2. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Prime Minister: Is he satisfied that the measures he has announced are adequate to stop the projected surge in unemployment?
3. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister for the Environment: What advice has he received regarding the need to streamline and simplify the Resource Management Act?
4. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Finance: What criteria is he developing, if any, in relation to government assistance for companies in financial trouble?
5. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister of Health: What advice has he received in relation to elective surgery and waiting lists?
6. Hon PETE HODGSON to the Minister of Health: Why did he dismiss the chair of the Otago District Health Board?
7. SIMON BRIDGES to the Minister of Corrections: What reports has she received on the Department’s management of offenders on parole?
8. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: Does he intend to honour the terms of the 2008 confidence and supply arrangement with the ACT Party concerning the emissions trading scheme; if not, why not?
9. COLIN KING to the Minister responsible for the Education Review Office: Has she made any changes to the way that the Education Review Office will review schools?
10. SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Education: Why has she scrapped the planned improvements to staff:child ratios, which were to be implemented on 1 July 2009?
11. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Minister for Climate Change Issues: How many hectares of new forest does he expect to be planted during the 2009 season, if any; and how will these plantings impact on New Zealand’s net greenhouse gas emissions in 2020?
12. CLARE CURRAN to the Minister of Commerce: Does he intend to respond to public concerns expressed about the implementation of section 92A of the Copyright Act, which comes into force next week; if so, what will be his response?
Questions to Members
1. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Chairperson of the Emissions Trading Scheme Review Committee: Is consideration of a carbon tax still part of the terms of reference of the Emissions Trading Scheme Review Committee?