Questions for Oral Answer - March 6
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the Government’s financial position?
2. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements on the sale of State owned assets?
3. JACQUI DEAN to the Minister for the Environment: How much funding has the Government committed to the Fresh Start for Fresh Water clean-up fund for the projects announced at the Bluegreens Forum at the weekend for the Manawatu River and the Wairarapa, Wainono and Waituna Lagoons?
4. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his recent statements?
5. CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Minister of Energy and Resources: Will the Review of New Zealand Minerals Royalty Rates ensure that royalties are paid on all mines in New Zealand?
6. COLIN KING to the Minister for Communications and Information Technology: What progress has been made to improve access to broadband in New Zealand schools?
7. Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Why is there no provision in the Government’s asset sales legislation to ensure preferential treatment for individual New Zealand buyers despite the Prime Minister’s promise that “Kiwi mums and dads will be at the front of the queue”?
8. TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister for the Environment: Have Iwi Māori raised any issues with him about the proposals in the Exclusive Economic Zone and Continental Shelf (Environmental Effects) Bill; if so, what?
9. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Why is the Government requiring the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade to find operating savings and make cuts of $40 million a year?
10. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Local Government: Does he have confidence in the financial management of the Auckland Council?
11. MELISSA LEE to the Minister for Social Development: How is Government working with the Auckland Council and the Auckland Chamber of Commerce to support young Aucklanders into employment opportunities?
12. KRIS FAAFOI to the Minister of Police: Is it correct that “Police bosses are considering laying off staff and closing some stations in an effort to save $360 million over the next three years” as reported in the NZ Herald?