Questions for Oral Answer - October 24
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Finance: What measures has the Government taken to support families through the global financial crisis?
2. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement on asset sales “It’s a minor delay, but in the overall scheme of things, sometimes the longest way home is the fastest way home”; if so, is he still confident that his asset sales schedule is on track?
3. KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister for Economic Development: What is the Government doing to encourage businesses to invest, and grow jobs?
4. JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: Does she have confidence in Work and Income’s approach to privacy and the security of information?
5. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement, “We’re not environmental bandits. If we don’t believe drilling can take place in a way that is environmentally sustainable and wouldn’t put at undue risk the environment, we wouldn’t go with it.”; if so, why?
6. Hon NANAIA MAHUTA to the Associate Minister of Education: How many teachers and support staff were incorrectly paid in the latest pay cycle and what is the total amount of outstanding pay still owed to teachers and support staff due to errors in the Novopay system?
7. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: When did he first learn of a German resident living in the Chrisco mansion in the Prime Minister’s electorate?
8. Peseta SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister for Social Development: What changes will the White Paper for Vulnerable Children make to better support professionals working with children?
9. CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Minister of Education: Will any newly merged or reopened schools in Christchurch be expected to use some community facilities that are ordinarily provided on-site at a school?
10. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Prime Minister: When will he be informed of the Inspector-General’s findings concerning the three cases where the Government Communications Security Bureau has been unable to assure him that its actions have been lawful, and how will he communicate those findings to the House?
11. Dr JIAN YANG to the Minister for ACC: How will the Government improve accidental injury outcomes for under-six-year-olds?
12. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Prime Minister: Has Hon John Banks satisfied the Cabinet Manual requirement of upholding the highest ethical standards in his political and personal capacity?