Questions for Oral Answer - November 15
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: How many Modern Apprenticeships were being undertaken as at December 2011, and what percentage increase or decrease is this compared with December 2008?
2. TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister of Health: Does the Government believe that it is acceptable that two out of three Māori and Pacific Island diabetics die from diabetic complications, compared to one in three Pakeha diabetics; and what actions has he taken to reduce the inequities in light of fresh predictions that by 2020 one in six Māori and Pasifika adults will have diabetes?
3. DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on progress in lifting New Zealanders’ household savings and reducing household debt?
4. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister for Economic Development: Has the Government changed its position in relation to the recommendations of the Pure Advantage green growth reports given its rejection of Pure Advantage’s first report?
5. MARK MITCHELL to the Minister for Social Development: How will the new Child Protect Line, discussed in the Government’s White Paper for Vulnerable Children, better protect New Zealand’s children?
6. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Immigration: What assurances can he give that international criminals will not be entering New Zealand through the China Southern Airlines frequent flyer scheme?
7. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Associate Minister of Education: Does he take ministerial responsibility for the problems with the Novopay system; if not, why not?
8. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister for the Environment: What recent announcements has she made in relation to the Community Environment Fund?
9. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree with the Pure Advantage report released today that “green growth represents a huge opportunity for all Kiwis to prosper”; if so, what will he do to put New Zealand on a green growth pathway?
10. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Associate Minister of Health: What is the Government doing to ensure the ongoing provision of hospice services in our communities?
11. CLARE CURRAN to the Minister for Economic Development: Does he stand by all his statements about manufacturing in New Zealand?
12. SCOTT SIMPSON to the Associate Minister of Transport: What progress can he report on the Government’s Vehicle Licensing Reform Project?