Gordon Campbell | Parliament TV | Parliament Today | Video | Questions Of the Day | Search

 


Govt awards $525,000 to Maungakiekie environmental project


Peseta Sam Lotu-Iiga
MP for Maungakiekie

18 March 2013 Media Statement

Government awards $525,000 to a local environmental project

Maungakiekie MP, Peseta Sam Lotu-Iiga, has welcomed the announcement of $525,000 in government funding for an innovative waste minimisation project in Maungakiekie.

CID Resource Recovery Ltd in Onehunga will receive $525,000 in funding for help with plasterboard recycling.

“CID Resource Recovery Ltd will construct a waste plasterboard recycling plant at its existing resource recovery facility. 80% of the waste plasterboard will be converted into reusable gypsum product and the remaining 20% paper and contaminants such as nails will also be recycled,” Mr Lotu-Iiga said.

Nationally, more than $4 million has been awarded to 11 projects from the Waste Minimisation Fund.

“Using the Waste Minimisation Fund to support these projects is a practical step the Government can take to encourage New Zealanders to reuse, recycle, recover and decrease the amount of waste going to our landfills,” Mr Lotu-Iiga said.

“I encourage other manufacturers and distributors to think about and take responsibility for the environmental impacts of their products once they reach the end of their life cycle.

For more information on the Waste Minimisation Fund please visit: http://www.mfe.govt.nz/issues/waste/waste-minimisation-fund/index.html

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

 

Parliament Today:

John Key Press Conference: Ashburton Shootings, Judith Collins Inquiry

Prime Minister John Key has delayed the release of Nationals’ fiscal policy in light of this morning’s shooting at a Work and Income office in Ashburton... Key also answered questions about Judith Collins, and confirmed that independent inquiry will be held with regard to allegations made against Collins. More>>

ALSO:

Internet MANA: Georgina Beyer Rocks The Waka

“There is now, and always will be, a range of views about many issues within our movement and members are free to express them, but Georgina’s views on Kim Dotcom are not shared by the MANA Movement leadership or the vast majority of MANA members and supporters around the country” states MANA Candidate for Waiariki, Annette Sykes. More>>

ALSO:

IGIS Update: Inquiry Into Release Of NZSIS Information

The Inquiry would be conducted in private and individuals would appear before her separately over a period of more than a week. She does not intend to name those summoned to give evidence until her report is published. “I can confirm that all persons summoned will be required to appear under oath...” More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell:
On John Key’s ‘Blame It On Judith’ Strategy

Right now, Prime Minister John Key seems intent on limiting the scope of any inquiry into his government’s dealings with Cameron Slater. The declared aim is to make that inquiry solely about Judith Collins’ behavior with respect to the Serious Fraud Office. More>>

ALSO:

Maori Council Lawyers' Statement: Supreme Court Decision On Maori Water Rights

“…the Supreme Court refused to give Pouakani people what they asked for, but may have given them something much, much better instead… the Supreme Court has questioned whether the Crown owns the River at all.” More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On The Debate, And The Collins Accusation

Debating is a peculiar discipline in that what you say is less important than how you’re saying it. Looking poised, being articulate and staying on topic generally wins the day – and on that score, Labour leader David Cunliffe won what turned out to be a bruising encounter with Prime Minister John Key last night on TVNZ. More>>

ALSO:

Gordon Campbell: On Winston Peters' Latest Bout Of Immigrant Bashing

It is only one poll, but rather than cannibalising each other's vote, Colin Craig and Winston Peters do seem to be managing to find the room to co-exist... Few are questioning how Peters got to this happy place, and what it says about the mood of the electorate. More>>

ALSO:

More Immigration News: First People Trafficking Charges

The first people trafficking charges in New Zealand have been brought by Immigration New Zealand (INZ)... The defendants have been charged under the Crimes Act 1961 for arranging by deception the entry of 18 Indian nationals into New Zealand. More>>

Collins 'Misinterprets Media Reports': "Too Compromised To Remain Justice Minister"

Bizarre claims by Judith Collins this morning that she had been cleared of inappropriate behaviour by the Privacy Commissioner demonstrates she is too compromised to remain Justice Minister, Labour MP Grant Robertson says. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Parliament
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news