Gordon Campbell | Parliament TV | Parliament Today | Video | Questions Of the Day | Search

 


Updated Budget 2013 app goes interactive

Hon Bill English
Minister of Finance

14 May 2013

Updated Budget 2013 app goes interactive

The Government will launch an update of its Budget app for smartphones and tablets on Thursday with interactive features that allow users to see how much tax they pay and how their tax dollars are spent, Finance Minister Bill English says.

“This is a refresh of the Budget app which was successfully launched last year and is part of the Government’s continuing focus on delivering innovative and better-value public services,” he says.

“The Budget can reach more people when it is digital and accessible.”

The new app features interactive content that allows users to drill down into the Budget spending, and to enter their annual income details to see how much tax they pay and where it is spent on their behalf.

The updated app, called NZ Budget, will include access to the full set of Budget documents including estimates, and will deliver monthly economic updates from Treasury.

“We’ve further reduced the print run for this year’s Budget, which is part of the Government’s continuing strategy to interact with more New Zealanders online,” Mr English says.

The NZ Budget app is available to download free from Apple and Android app stores and further information and links will be available from the Treasury’s website www.treasury.govt.nz/budget/app.

The app will go live with new information when the Budget is delivered at 2pm on Thursday. It includes the Budget speech, press releases, videos, and access to the full set of Budget documents.

Printed copies of key Budget documents will continue to be available from selected bookshops. All documents will also be available at the Treasury’s website when the Budget is delivered in Parliament.

ENDS

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

Hager Revelations: Inquiry Into NZSIS Release Of Goff Docs

The Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security (IGIS), Cheryl Gwyn, announced today that she would be instituting an inquiry concerning allegations that the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) might have released official information to Mr Cameron Slater, regarding briefings provided to the then Leader of the Opposition, for political purposes...

“I am satisfied there is a sufficient public interest justifying the commencement of an own-motion inquiry into the substance of the issues raised with my Office,” said Ms Gwyn. More>>

Goff: Director’s Letter Contradicts Key’s Claims

At yesterday’s media standup, when asked on the topic John Key said ‘I wasn’t told’...
“In a letter dated November 2011 former SIS director Warren Tucker states three times that ‘in accordance with the usual practice of keeping the minister informed’ the Prime Minister had been told. More>>


 

Parliament Today:

Electionresults.co.nz: National and NZ First Rise in Roy Morgan Poll

National has bounced back in the latest Roy Morgan Poll but the big winner has been New Zealand First who rise to their highest level of support since September 2013. More>>

ALSO:

Fish Pun Warning: By Hoki! It’s Labour’s Fisheries Policy

A Labour Government will protect the iconic Kiwi tradition of fishing by improving access to the coast, protecting the rights of recreational fishers and reviewing snapper restrictions, Labour’s Fisheries spokesperson Damien O’Connor says. More>>

ALSO:

It's Official: Governor General Gives Direction To Conduct Election

The Governor General has signed the writ directing the Electoral Commission to conduct the General Election on 20 September 2014. This is the formal authority to run the 2014 election, and enables candidate nominations to open tomorrow Thursday 21 August 2014. More>>

Gordon Campbell: No More Mr Nice Guy

When future historians seek to identify the exact moment when the prime ministerial career of John Key hit the downward slope, they may well point to Key’s interview yesterday with Guyon Espiner on RNZ’s Morning Report. More>>

ALSO:

Dirty (Politics) Weekend: Collins’ Admission Reason For Key To Act

"Despite claiming that the evidence about her in Nicky Hager's book was ‘false’ Judith Collins has now been forced to admit that she did send information about a Ministerial Services staff member to Cameron Slater for him to use in a baseless smear campaign. More>>

ALSO:

Potential Disasters: Underground Coal Fire On Denniston Plateau

Forest & Bird says one or more coal fires have broken out beneath the Denniston Plateau, and that the Department of Conservation (DOC) must stop Bathurst Resources’ preparatory mining work going on there until the fire or fires are extinguished. More>>

ALSO:

Bikes: Nats Plan $100 Million For Urban Cycleways

Prime Minister John Key has today announced $100 million in new funding will be made available over the next four years to accelerate cycleways in urban centres. More>>

ALSO:

New Tax Bracket, Child Poverty Fund: Greens Launch Billion Dollar Plan To Reduce Child Poverty

The Green Party has launched a billion dollar package to significantly reduce child poverty in New Zealand. The details of the plan were released at the party’s campaign launch in Auckland. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Parliament
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news