Questions for Oral Answer - October 15
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that “One of the risks for us is that there’s heavily pronounced economic development in Auckland, but not in the rest of the country”?
2. Hon KATE WILKINSON to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the Government’s financial position and especially progress in meeting its target of returning to surplus by 2014/15?
3. METIRIA TUREI to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that Mighty River Power’s buy back of $50 million worth of shares is “highly normal”?
4. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: Is she satisfied that she is fulfilling all of her legal obligations under the Education Act 1989; if so, why?
5. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: What recent reports has he received on the value of the international education industry to New Zealand?
6. PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister of Housing: When he carried furniture into a Housing New Zealand tenant’s house, was he consciously comparing himself to Michael Joseph Savage?
7. METIRIA TUREI to the Minister of Education: Does she believe that she has effectively explained National Standards to earn the trust of parents and the teaching profession; if so, why?
8. MIKE SABIN to the Associate Minister of Social Development: What new measures have recently begun to help prevent fraudulent criminal activity in our welfare system?
9. GARETH HUGHES to the Minister of Energy and Resources: Does he stand by his statement that “there may well be” a relief rig present during the drilling of Anadarko’s exploratory deep sea oil wells; if so, can he guarantee that there will be a relief rig?
10. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Has he briefed the Cabinet on the progress and details of negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement; if not, why not?
11. MOANA MACKEY to the Minister for the Environment: Does she agree with all the comments made by her colleague the Minister for Energy and Resources, Hon Simon Bridges, on Campbell Live last night relating to the regulation and risk management of offshore oil and gas exploration?
12. Dr JIAN YANG to the Associate Minister of Health: What initiatives is the Government taking to address mental health?