Questions for Oral Answer - October 17
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement yesterday that Hon John Banks is a “credible” and “trustworthy” individual?
2. METIRIA TUREI to the Minister for Economic Development: Has Cabinet discussed delaying the passage of the New Zealand International Convention Centre Bill until the Hon John Banks prosecution is resolved; if not, why not?
3. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister of Finance: What progress is the Government making with its multi-billion dollar infrastructure investment programme, as part of its wider plan to build a more productive and competitive economy?
4. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree with the Dominion Post report that “Bill English was gushing about the NZ Super Fund yesterday” saying it was “one of the best-structured sovereign wealth funds in the world”?
5. MELISSA LEE to the Minister for Social Development: What reports has she received on the progress of the Government’s welfare reforms to date?
6. Hon DAMIEN O'CONNOR to the Minister for Primary Industries: Does he stand by all his statements?
7. JAN LOGIE to the Minister for Social Development: When she said last month, “for every example that the member can give, I can give another 10 of people who are grateful for the help that they are getting” was she saying that it is acceptable that a large portion of people are not getting the help they are entitled to?
8. DENIS O'ROURKE to the Minister of Immigration: How many people are currently classified as unlawfully in New Zealand, and what steps, if any, has he taken to reduce that number?
9. Hon RUTH DYSON to the Minister of Conservation: When was he first informed by the Department of Conservation that they were considering contributing to any submission on the Tukituki Catchment Proposal that might include nitrogen and phosphorous management?
10. Peseta SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister of Health: What progress is the Government making on its Rheumatic Fever Programme?
11. Dr DAVID CLARK to the Minister for Small Business: What advice, if any, has he received on the impact of fraud, corruption and dishonesty on small business and what has he done about it?
12. SCOTT SIMPSON to the Minister of Corrections: What recent announcements has she made on improving the safety of Corrections staff?