Questions for Oral Answer - October 22
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. MAGGIE BARRY to the Minister of Finance: What impact have the Government’s across the board tax cuts, and other tax changes in 2010, had on income tax paid by higher and lower income households?
2. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
3. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Prime Minister: Why did he accept the resignation of the Hon John Banks as a Minister on 16 October 2013?
4. COLIN KING to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: How many new apprentices have signed up under the Government’s Apprenticeship Reboot scheme?
5. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement regarding the employees of the Tachikawa sawmill that the “opportunity for those workers will be better than it has been at any time in the last six or seven years”?
6. METIRIA TUREI to the Minister for Economic Development: Has he received any advice that a future government could dismantle the SkyCity convention centre deal without paying compensation; if so, what was that advice?
7. Peseta SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister of Energy and Resources: What update can he give on the Government’s Warm Up New Zealand: Heat Smart home insulation programme?
8. JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Economic Development: Does he agree with the statement he made on behalf of the Minister of Finance, that “New Zealand has a vibrant screen industry, which directly supports more than 2,700 businesses”?
9. SHANE ARDERN to the Minister of Health: What progress is the Government making on using patient feedback to improve the quality of healthcare?
10. TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister of Finance: Does he recall his statement that “Anyone who can take a business away has a community over a barrel and has its workforce over a barrel”; and will the Government take steps to intervene in Rotorua and Shannon, to help protect jobs like it did in Southland with the threatened closure of the Tiwai Point aluminium smelter?
11. Hon NANAIA MAHUTA to the Associate Minister of Education: When did he first receive any advice regarding inappropriate spending associated with the National Te Kōhanga Reo Trust?
12. MARK MITCHELL to the Minister of Broadcasting: What progress has been made on the regional rollout of the digital switchover for New Zealand television viewers?