Questions for oral answer - Wednesday, 29 January 2014
Order Paper and questions
Questions for oral answer
Wednesday, 29 January 2014
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement in 2011 that "for the average New Zealand child, most of them are doing extremely well"?
2. PAUL GOLDSMITH to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received indicating that progress in lifting economic growth will create new job opportunities and support higher wages in 2014?
3. METIRIA TUREI to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement yesterday that "giving the odd kid a lunch. That is not actually going to fix the problem. What will fix the problem is paying $50,000 to a world-class principal to go in and fix up a school that is failing those kids"?
4. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Immigration: Does he believe Immigration New Zealand has the required level of resources to uphold the immigration laws of this country?
5. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement that "Government policies have helped to reduce income inequality at the margin"; if not, why not?
6. Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister of Education: What recent announcements has she made on lifting achievement of children in schools?
7. JACINDA ARDERN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that "I want to see every one of our children getting the very best start to life. They deserve nothing less"?
8. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister responsible for the Earthquake Commission: What progress has been made on the Canterbury Home Repair Programme?
9. GARETH HUGHES to the Minister of Energy and Resources: Does he agree with the Electricity Authority that households have been paying too little for power in the past and how has this issue been corrected under the current Government?
10. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Health: What recent reports has he received on access to elective surgery?
11. SIMON O'CONNOR to the Minister of Science and Innovation: How is the Government encouraging New Zealand businesses to undertake more research and development?
12. Dr RAJEN PRASAD to the Minister of Immigration: Is he concerned about the level of illegal job selling taking place according to reports on Campbell Live this week?