Questions For Oral Answer June 19
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. CLAUDETTE HAUITI to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on progress in building a growing economy that can support more jobs and higher incomes for New Zealanders?
2. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Prime Minister: Is he concerned about rising inequality in New Zealand?
3. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Commerce: Has he received any reports on anti-competitive behaviour in the banking sector?
4. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister of Health: What progress is being made on the Christchurch Hospitals’ redevelopment?
5. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Which of the statements, if any, by NZIER chief economist, Shamubeel Eaqub does he agree with most: that interest rate rises will punish the provinces, that “one of the biggest issues of this generation is the widening gap between the haves and have-nots”, or that “The gaps opening up in New Zealand are really big across geographical, race and education lines”?
6. KEVIN HAGUE to the Minister for Social Development: Does she agree with Professor Jonathan Boston that there are New Zealand children living in “houses that don’t have heating, in caravans that don’t have running water, and in families that simply don’t have enough food of the right kind every day”; if so, will she guarantee these children have immediate access to the State support they need?
7. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister for Economic Development: On how many occasions has he discussed the current pay negotiations for Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment staff with the Chief Executive of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, and on what dates did those discussions take place?
8. IAN McKELVIE to the Minister for Primary Industries: What recent announcement has he made regarding the biocontainment facility at Wallaceville?
9. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Health: Does he stand by all his answers to Oral Question No. 7 yesterday?
10. JULIE ANNE GENTER to the Minister of Transport: Does the draft Government Policy Statement on transport funding identify any funding for the Auckland City Rail Link in the transport budget over the next decade?
11. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: Is she satisfied that schools receive sufficient funding to deliver the New Zealand Curriculum; if so, why?
12. Hon PHIL HEATLEY to the Minister for Senior Citizens: What recent reports has she released relating to enduring powers of attorney?