Gordon Campbell | Parliament TV | Parliament Today | Video | Questions Of the Day | Search

 


Residential Advisory Service making a difference

5 June 2014
Media Statement

Residential Advisory Service making a difference

Associate Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Minister Nicky Wagner says the Residential Advisory Service has assisted thousands of earthquake-hit property owners in Canterbury since its inception a year ago.

The service provides free, independent help to residential property owners who are facing challenges in getting their home repaired or rebuilt following the Canterbury earthquakes.

“It has received more than 5000 calls and emails from people seeking help, and independent advisors have held more than 1000 meetings with property owners to progress their situations.

“The numbers clearly indicate the service is needed, and the experience from the first year will be invaluable in ensuring it can continue delivering outcomes for complex issues,” Ms Wagner says.

Survey results show the Residential Advisory Service is extremely effective, with 84 per cent satisfied or very satisfied, while 96 per cent felt they were listened to and understood.

“The independent advisors are doing a great job of helping people in difficult positions to find a way through their situation,” Ms Wagner says.

The Residential Advisory Service has been gradually expanding since it started to ensure it can reach the most people possible. It is now available to property owners who are engaged in Earthquake Commission (EQC) complaints.

“We are all mindful we’re getting down to the most complex and hardest cases to resolve, so if we can find a way to adapt the service to ensure those people are adequately advised, we want to make that happen,” Nicky Wagner says.

More information can be found at www.advisory.org.nz

ends

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
 
 
Parliament Headlines | Politics Headlines | Regional Headlines

False Electoral Return: John Banks Sentenced To Community Detention, Community Work

“The conviction of John Banks today is another sad chapter for John Banks and the ACT Party”, says Labour candidate for Epsom Michael Wood.

“Mr Banks was found guilty of electoral fraud in June. Regardless of what sentence is handed down, his reputation is in tatters. Sentencing is a matter for the court, and publicly deriding him further brings little benefit.”

“With the conviction confirmed, it is time for the ACT Party to step up to the mark and apologise to the people of Epsom. Mr Banks has suffered the consequences of his actions, but so far the ACT Party has gotten off scott-free” More>>

 

Parliament Today:

Gordon Campbell: On The Rise Of ISIS And Labour

While global attention got distracted by the fate of MH17 and the atrocities in Gaza, the world’s other mega ‘bad news’ story – the rise of ISIS-led fundamentalism in Iraq – has reached a tipping point. More>>

ALSO:

Rebuild: Christchurch City Council Releases Milestone Report

The Cameron Partners report says the Council may need to find an additional $783 million to $883 million by 2019... Options Cameron Partners proposed include increasing rates, borrowing more, maximising insurance payments, and freeing up capital from its commercial assets. More>>

ALSO:

Parliament Today: Parliament Adjourns

The 50th Parliament has adjourned for the final time. After the completion of the adjournment debate, MPs left for the campaign trail with Parliament to be dissolved on August 14 ahead of the September 20 election. More>>

ALSO:

Novopayout: Government-Owned Company To Take Over School Payroll

After lengthy negotiations, the Ministry of Education and the existing school payroll provider, Talent2, have settled both on the amounts payable by Talent2 towards the costs of remediating the Novopay service and a new operating model for the school payroll system. More>>

ALSO:

Employment: Labour Will Raise Minimum Wage, Restore Work Rights

A Labour government will raise the minimum wage $2 an hour to $16.25 and restore work rights to ensure the benefits of economic growth are shared fairly by all New Zealanders, Labour Leader David Cunliffe says. More>>

ALSO:

Police: Crewe File Review Released

No new evidence has come to light implicating any specific person as being responsible for the murders of Jeannette and Harvey Crewe... The review identifies there is a distinct possibility that Exhibit 350 (the brass .22 cartridge case) may be fabricated evidence, and that if this is the case, that a member of Police would have been responsible. More>>

ALSO:

Werewolf Issue #49: Gordon Campbell Interviews Laila Harre

For 25 years, Labour and National have been in virtual agreement about the basics of economic policy, and differed mainly on how to go about managing its social consequences. More>>

ALSO:

Get More From Scoop

 

LATEST HEADLINES

 
 
 
 
 
 
Parliament
Search Scoop  
 
 
Powered by Vodafone
NZ independent news