Parliament: Oral Questions - 14 December 2017
Oral Questions - 14 December 2017
Questions to Ministers
1. Rt Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by all her Government’s economic and fiscal policies?
2. Hon STEVEN JOYCE to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by all his statements on economic and fiscal policy?
3. TAMATI COFFEY to the Minister of Finance: What are the key priorities outlined in the Government’s Budget Policy Statement?
4. Hon GERRY BROWNLEE to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: What reports has he received on New Zealand’s relationship with important allies?
5. Hon Dr JONATHAN COLEMAN to the Minister of Health: What measurable outcomes, if any, will his policies deliver?
6. JAN LOGIE to the Minister for Climate Change: What is the Government doing to work with local authorities and communities to help plan for the effects of rising sea levels caused by climate change?
7. DAVID SEYMOUR to the Minister for the Environment: Does he agree with his officials from the Ministry for the Environment who stated in their Briefing to the Incoming Minister that “failures in the resource management and planning system have system-wide effects that impact all New Zealanders, such as the ability to deliver sufficient development capacity for housing”; if so, does he intend to overhaul the Resource Management Act 1991 in this term of Parliament?
8. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister of Forestry: Does he stand by the policy in the Speech from the Throne, “this Government is committed to a new planting programme, planting 100 million trees a year to reach a billion more trees in 10 years”?
9. MARJA LUBECK to the Minister of Energy and Resources: Is she satisfied that all New Zealanders are able to properly meet their heating and energy needs over the winter months; if not, what is the Government doing to support them?
10. Dr PARMJEET PARMAR to the Minister of Research, Science and Innovation: What progress, if any, has she made lifting research and development expenditure towards the Government’s target of 2 percent of GDP?
11. MELISSA LEE to the Minister of Broadcasting, Communications and Digital Media: What are her immediate priorities for the Broadcasting, Communications and Digital Media portfolio?
12. PRIYANCA RADHAKRISHNAN to the Minister for Social Development: How does the Government propose to make being in work more sustainable for families, and lift them out of poverty?