Have your say on the Employment Relations Amendment Bill
You have until 30 March 2018 to have your say on the Employment Relations Amendment Bill. The Education and Workforce Committee is now inviting submissions on this bill.
The bill seeks to amend the Employment Relations Act 2000 to meet the Government’s 100 day commitments on employment relations law. It would provide minimum standards and protections for employees, and strengthen collective bargaining and union rights in the workplace.
bill would make changes to provisions concerning:
• The recognition and operation of unions
• Collective bargaining
• Individual employee’s terms and conditions of employment
• The continuity of employment if an employee’s work is affected by restructuring
• Rest breaks and meal breaks
• Strikes and lockouts
• Personal grievances, disputes, and enforcement.
Tell the Education and Workforce Committee what
Send your submission on the bill by midnight on 30 March 2018.