Have your say on the Health Practitioners Bill
22 February 2018
Have your say on the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Amendment Bill
Parliament’s Health Committee is now seeking public submissions on the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Amendment Bill.
This Bill aims to amend the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003, based on the recommendations arising from reviews in 2009 and 2012. The Bill seeks to clarify the Act’s interpretation and improve its operation.
the proposed amendments include:
• The introduction of regular performance reviews for authorities
• Improved processes to help the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal operate more efficiently
• Clarification that responsible authorities can receive and act on information relating to the practice, conduct, or competence of health practitioners
Tell the Health Committee what you
think about this bill
Send your submission on the bill by midnight on 5 April 2018.
For more details about the bill:
• Read the full content of the bill
• Get more details about the bill
• What’s been said in Parliament about the bill?