Have your say on the Kiwifund Bill
Have your say on the Kiwifund Bill This bill establishes an independent working group with the objective to set up a government-owned and operated KiwiSaver provider, known as KiwiFund. It is intended that the working group would first examine the accountability of current KiwiSaver providers relating to complaints of charging excessive fees, unethical investments, and profiteering in the trading of Kiwisaver providers.
The working group would advise on setting up KiwiFund
based on broad principles such as:
• A lower and transparent fee structure.
• A government owned and operated KiwiSaver scheme.
• A requirement that profits stay in New Zealand.
• Preferential treatment given to New Zealand based investments.
• A requirement that funds are invested in socially and ethically responsible ways.
• The new provider be supported by a government guarantee.
KiwiFund would provide an option for people to choose a KiwiSaver provider that is ultimately accountable to New Zealand taxpayers.
Tell the Economic Development, Science and Innovation Committee what you think
Send your submission on the bill by midnight on Friday, 13 April 2018.
For more details about the bill:
• Read the full content of the bill
• Get more details about the bill
• What’s been said in Parliament about the bill?