Parliament: Oral Questions - 24 May 2018
Oral Questions - 24 May
Questions to Ministers
1. WILLOW-JEAN PRIME to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he seen on the strength of the Government’s finances?
2. Hon PAULA BENNETT to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by all of her Government’s policies and actions?
3. Hon PAUL GOLDSMITH to the Minister for Economic Development: What level is business confidence now, according to the latest ANZ Business Outlook survey?
4. JAMI-LEE ROSS to the Minister of Transport: Does he remain committed to his proposals for new and increased fuel taxes in light of recent reports of petrol prices reaching record highs; if so, what consideration, if any, will he give to the increased cost of living his fuel tax proposals will have on New Zealand families?
5. Hon DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Corrections: Does he stand by all his statements, actions, and policies regarding his Corrections portfolio?
6. TAMATI COFFEY to the Minister of Research, Science and Innovation: What initiatives in Budget 2018 will help drive more research and development and why is it important that we lift our investment into R&D?
7. CHRIS BISHOP to the Minister of Police: Does he agree with the Prime Minister, who said, “We’ve put $300 million into Police and over 900 new police officers as a result, and we’ve got another 2 years to finish it off”; if so, why did his Budget press release say that the $298.8 million was over the next 4 years and there was a further $159.7 million in 2022/23?
8. JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister of Energy and Resources: Does she stand by all of her policies and actions in relation to the energy sector?
9. JAMIE STRANGE to the Minister of Education: What is the coalition Government doing to help the education system to understand and respond to the impact of socio-economic disadvantage on student achievement?
10. NUK KORAKO to the Minister for Māori Development: Is Vote Māori Development for 2018/19 lower than in the current year (2017/18)?
11. Dr PARMJEET PARMAR to the Minister of Research, Science and Innovation: Does she stand by all her policies, statements, and actions in relation to Budget 2018?
12. RAYMOND HUO to the Minister of Justice: How does Budget 2018 support community law centres?