Kerurū at long last swoops to victory
15 October 2018
Co-Campaign Manager for the Kerurū in the 2018 Bird of
the Year competition, Chlöe Swarbrick, responds to the
“Like almost any other electoral
strategy, ours was straight-forward and relied on hard
yakka. 2017 was all about the name recognition, and we’re
proud to have brought home the win in 2018.
at long last the mighty Kererū has swooped to glory,
knocking the Kea off its perch. May this majestic bird, the
labrador of the sky, consume many a berry on this special
© Scoop Media
Terror in NZ: Mosques Attacked in Christchurch
• There have been two attacks at the Masjid Al Noor Mosque next to Hagley Park, and at the Linwood Masjid Mosque in the suburb of Linwood, ChristchurchFor the Latest: Scoop Search - Christchurch
• Police commissioner says 50 confirmed dead in Christchurch terrorist attacks. One man charged with murder appeared in court on Saturday, two more apprehended - working to understand their involvement
• PM Jacinda Ardern has described it as a "terrorist attack" by those holding extremist views. She says NZ's gun laws will change.
• The national security threat level has been increased from low to high.
• Commissioner Bush said there were explosive devices attached to one vehicle that were stopped by police and these have been made safe by Defence Force personnel.
Parliament's Condolences: PM's Statement On Christchurch Mosques Terror Attack
Al salam Alaikum. Peace be upon you. And peace be upon all of us.
Mr Speaker the 15th of March will now forever be a day etched in our collective memories... More>>
Gordon Campbell: On Why The Government Shouldn't Run The Christchurch Massacre Inquiry
At Cabinet yesterday, the promised changes to our gun laws cleared their first hurdle. According to PM Jacinda Ardern, Cabinet agreed collectively “in principle” on a set of proposals to change New Zealand’s gun laws... Yesterday, Ardern also announced an inquiry into the background to the mosque attacks and into the role played by the SIS, GCSB, Police, Customs, and Immigration. More>>