Parliament: Oral Questions - 13 February 2019
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr DEBORAH RUSSELL to the Minister of Finance: What progress is the Government making on implementing its economic plan?
2. Hon SIMON BRIDGES to the Prime Minister: Has New Zealand’s relationship with China deteriorated under her Government?
3. Hon PAULA BENNETT to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by all her Government’s statements, policies, and actions?
4. CLAYTON MITCHELL to the Minister of Internal Affairs: What recent reports has she received regarding Fire and Emergency New Zealand’s response to the Nelson Tasman fires?
5. Hon AMY ADAMS to the Minister of Finance: Is it his view that the current tax take in New Zealand is sufficient; if so, does he agree that income tax thresholds should be adjusted over time to keep up with inflation?
6. Hon JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister of Housing and Urban Development: What changes are being considered to the KiwiBuild programme to, in his words, “make KiwiBuild a stronger incentive for developers and how we can make it work better for first home buyers” and “provide a package of assistance to developers that will be enough of an incentive to get them to commit to serious volumes of affordable housing”?
7. JAN TINETTI to the Minister of Education: Has he released any proposals to strengthen and grow trades training and other vocational education?
8. Hon PAUL GOLDSMITH to the Minister of Transport: Is he committed to building light rail from the city to the airport in Auckland and if so, when will work begin?
9. Dr SHANE RETI to the Minister of Education: Does he stand by all of his statements and actions around tertiary education and vocational education reforms?
10. JAMIE STRANGE to the Minister for Trade and Export Growth: How much money has been spent on the Saudi sheep farm in the desert also known as the Saudi agri-hub, and have any steps been taken to stop more money being spent?
11. DAVID SEYMOUR to the Minister for Social Development: How much did the Government transfer in social security and welfare payments according to the Financial Statements of the Government of New Zealand for the Year Ended 30 June 2018 on a per household basis?
12. Hon JACQUI DEAN to the Minister of Tourism: What was the date he first found out about the need to postpone the China-New Zealand Year of Tourism opening ceremony?