Rebellion in the 21st Century- Hui this weekend!
The conference is an initiative of the Socialist Workers Organisation. It's open to all opponents of corporate domination, and entry is by koha (donation). It's part of the build-up to the protests against the World Economic Forum's summit in Melbourne on 11-12 September. The WEF embraces the world's top 1,000 multinationals and spawned the World Trade Organisation.
1-2 September at Trades Hall, 147 Great North Rd, Auckland.
Melbourne S11 Alliance activist Clare Sonego.
* Veteran of the "Battle in Seattle" Mario Rautner.
* Green Party (including MP Sue Bradford).
* Pacific Island Coalition Action Group.
* Trade Union Federation president Maxine Gay.
* Alliance Party (including Auckland organiser Alex Muir).
* S11 Solidarity (Auckland).
* Television writer Dean Parker.
* Jubilee 2000.
* Asia-Pacific Workers Solidarity Links activist Radha D'Souza.
* Justice for Refugees & Asylum Seekers.
* "Political Review" editor Chris Trotter.
* Anarchist Federation of Aotearoa
* Socialist Workers Organisation.
Friday, 1 September
* The world is not for sale ‚ globalisation & rebellion in the 21st
6pm Saturday, 2 September
* Poverty, exploitation & resistance in the developing world
* Ecocide & genetic frankenfoods ‚ how can we save the planet?
* Taking the fight to the heart of the beast ‚ are Western workers
privileged, or are they key to defeating corporate power?
* The media, ideas & resistance ‚ how right-wing ideology is losing its
* Seattle in the South Pacific ‚ shut down the World Economic Forum
* Three "Info-action" sessions on:
(a) immigration controls & racism
(b)dump the dump campaign
(c) freedom to strike campaign
SOCIAL ROCK OUT AGAINST CAPITALISM gig and social on Saturday night. It's free to conference attendees. Confirmed music acts include: Roofdog, Miriam Scotter, 7.62 Short, Phil Toms. Other "name" acts are likely to donate their talents. There will be a great send-off to the NZ activists' contingent going to the Melbourne protests. It's gonna be a night to remember.
Free billets are available. Contact me for further info on this.
MY CONTACT DETAILS
(09) 634 3377 (home - ring here first) 634 3984 (office - leave message if I'm out) PO Box 13-685, Auckland firstname.lastname@example.org
See you at what looks like being the biggest, the best, the most exciting radical left conference seen in this country for many, many years. Please spread the word to your friends. It's time to get mobilised and fight the power!
Kia kaha Grant Morgan Conference co-organiser