"Take Back The Track" Petition
Petition to get the NZ Government to "Take Back The Track".
TO THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
We the undersigned:
· Understand that the retention of the current rail network is essential to the economic wellbeing of NZ
· Recognise that the retention of the rail network makes environmental good sense
· Appreciate that any reduction of the rail network will mean an increase in trucking movements on roads in that locality
· Are aware that the loss of a rail alternative will mean more road congestion
· Urge the Government to view rail as a vital and strategic tool for regional development
· Call upon the NZ Government to negotiate the return of the rail network back into public ownership.
Name (Print) Address Signature Tick for more information
Petition Launched 29/5/01. The deadline for returning them is before August 31, 2001. Photocopied and faxed forms are invalid. Please return completed forms to:
Rail & Maritime Transport Union Inc,
P.O. Box 1103,