March To The US Embassy In Wellington - Thursday
OPPOSE THE WAR: MARCH TO THE US EMBASSY IN
MEET AT THE
The time has come to
show your opposition to the bombing of Afghanistan. Do this
by joining the March from the Cenotaph up Mulgrave St on
Thursday 1 November at 5pm.
The opposition to the war is
building fast, and we want to make this a huge march to show
that New Zealanders do not support the war.
Civilians are being killed and or made into refugees. The
purpose of this march is to demand that the US pursues a
peaceful solution to the current strife and that our
Government does not send any military support to assist in
the bombings. We demand justice, not revenge.
© Scoop Media
Terror in NZ: Mosques Attacked in Christchurch
• There have been two attacks at the Masjid Al Noor Mosque next to Hagley Park, and at the Linwood Masjid Mosque in the suburb of Linwood, Christchurch
• Police commissioner says 50 confirmed dead in Christchurch terrorist attacks. One man charged with murder appeared in court on Saturday, two more apprehended - working to understand their involvement
• PM Jacinda Ardern has described it as a "terrorist attack" by those holding extremist views. She says NZ's gun laws will change.
• The national security threat level has been increased from low to high.
• Commissioner Bush said there were explosive devices attached to one vehicle that were stopped by police and these have been made safe by Defence Force personnel.
Gordon Campbell: On Effective Changes To Gun Laws And The SIS
Already, the government has signalled that its response to the Christchurch mosque shootings will proceed on two main fronts (a) changes to the gun laws (b) changes to the current surveillance behaviours of the Police and the SIS... More>>
Multimedia & Report: PM's Post-Cabinet Press Conference
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern was join by Deputy PM and Foreign Minister Winston Peters to announce cabinet decisions in response to Friday's attack... Cabinet has made in-principle decisions on changes to New Zealand gun laws. There will be an inquiry into the circumstances of the attack and the operation of security agencies leading up to it. More>>