CBC/ABA Strategy Day This Saturday - We Need You!
CBC and ABA invite you to a creative and inspiring strategy session this Saturday. The aim is to work through the next stages of the anti-bypass campaign and develop a range of practical projects and actions.
Where: Thistle Hall – corner of Arthur and Cuba Sts
When: This Saturday 13th April from 10am to 4pm
Who’s welcome: all who care about ending the bypass madness for good
What to bring: energy, ideas, creativity, vege/vegan kai to share
Please come for the whole time if you can – if not please come for either the morning (10am start) or the afternoon (1pm start) - see programme below.
Contrary to rumour and Transit propaganda the bypass is far from certain – come and help create a different history!
More details below!
The overall purpose behind the meeting on Saturday is:
· To re-affirm vision and purpose of groups and individuals
· To build and improve upon existing organisation capabilities and infrastructure.
· To identify practical actions, tasks and projects which can be taken
This includes recognising there are a diverse range of complementary means to fulfil our vision and that different people are doing different things in different ways to get there.
To achieve a lot in a little time we have had to be creative and look for ways to cut to chase. The following is based on the approach used by the Australian Community Gardens movement – an organic cooperative that has been wildly successful in informing, involving and empowering people without becoming bureaucratic.
10am –10.30am: *Arrival / Introductions / Update*
10.30am-12.30pm * Visioning
An exercise/experience of developing a shared vision of the future.
1pm-2pm * Future History
* (plus brief intro and recap for any new people)
An exercise in getting from the Vision to the present by way of retracing the actions taken to get there.
–2.30pm *Action Plan 2002*
Development and extension of concepts arrising from the future history exercise to enable smaller group discussions.
2.30pm-3.30pm *Focus Group
Break up into smaller groups to work on particular tasks, projects and actions.
4pm *Summary* and *next steps*
Brief presentation by groups - Next meeting date, communication, discussions etc…
Some specific beneficial outcomes of the meeting could include:
· Timeline of Actions and activities
· A clearer idea of who is doing what!
· An easy to use way of staying in touch with each other
· Anticipated Transit Action/ ResponseStrategy
· Briefs for “Groups” and “Convenors”
· Inventory of available resources (including skills)
· Inventory of current needs and requirements
· Identification of certain practical tasks and people taking them on.