No More Unknown Victims Of Imperialist Wars
No more unknown victims of imperialist wars
from Peace Action Wellington
· We oppose the rise in patriotic fervour around World War I. This war was not fought in the defence of civilisation or any of the other lies working people were fed, but was a war of empire and thousands of New Zealanders were slaughtered for the benefit of the King and Kaiser;
· World rulers herded working people, like this unknown soldier, into trenches where they slaughtered each other in a hideous war of attrition;
· We believe it is the height of Helen Clark's arrogance to preside over these ceremonies, while she has thrown New Zealand boots and all into new wars of conquest in Afghanistan and Iraq;
· Recently the Lancet, a British medical magazine, released a report that 100 000 civilians, largely unknown victims, have been murdered in Iraq with our support. Clark while planning this militaristic showcase has been silent. Her silence signals her support for the war crimes taking place right now in Fallujah;
· Lest we forget that this soldier was forced to go to war by the very same state that is now grotesquely using his body to symbolise the thousands of others it sent unnecessarily to their deaths.
Peace Action Wellington can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org,
There will be a picket next Wednesday from 5:00-6:00pm by the Cenotaph against the invasion of Fallujah and the US Occupation.