Peace Action Network Resolutions
The meeting of 48 people was Chaired by Dave Colyer. It was addressed by Mohammed al-Jabawe and 2 other Iraqi New Zealanders .
They outlined Iraq’s history and gave details of the barbarous US-led attack and occupation of their country. None of the reasons the US gave for making war was found to be true. Iraq had no links to al-Qaeda or to the 9/11 attacks on the US, had no WMD, did not sponsor terrorism, and had no plans to attack the US the UK or Iraq’s neighbours.
Thus the US and allied military forces should immediately withdraw. They should pay reparations to Iraq and its citizens for the unjustified death and destruction they have caused.
PEACE ACTION NETWORK
Resolutions unanimously passed at “Iraqi Voices” meeting April 11, 2005 at WEA
That this meeting approve the resolutions below and authorise
their general release to groups and media.
1. We support UN Secretary/General Kofi Annan’s statement that the US invasion of Iraq is illegal and without any justification.
2. Therefore it was resolved that all foreign military forces cease hostilities and withdraw from Iraq immediately
3. That the invading nations pay reparations to the people and state of Iraq for the killing, torturing and injuring over 100,000 people (as found by the October, 20004 Lancet study.) and for their destruction of Iraqi property
4. That the UN help rebuild and rehabilitate Iraq with major reparation payments from the invading nations.
5. That a statement incorporating these resolutions be circulated to various governments, to the UN and to the media
To contact Larry Ross, Dave Colyer, or Darren Kemp, spokespeople of the group, contact the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details on Iraq, Nuclear threats, and related issues available on: http://www.nuclearfreenz.org.nz
Name Address Phone email
38 people also endorsed the resolutions and added their addresses and emails for future notification